University of Georgia
Rutherford Hall pays homage to its 1939 Georgian Revival predecessor as an updated structure,
preserving its original style and traditional details.
It was time for this treasured residence hall to be modernized, so CCCA worked closely with the University to create a new structure, salvaging and repurposing many elements. Built in the same footprint and similar in scale to the original, the new Rutherford accommodates an additional 100 beds and features multiple study rooms, a computer lab, state-of-the-art technology and updated kitchen and laundry facilities.
Noteworthy: A number of the original 6-panel wood doors were reused as wall paneling in the entry lobby and corridors, and exterior lighting was refurbished and reinstalled. In addition, the existing fireplace mantels were reinstalled and metal railings were repurposed as low gates/fencing around the apartment patio.